The Outreach and Evangelism Committee fundraises, prepares, and serves lunches at the Schuyler Inn Motel on Broadway in Menands, NY. The Inn is an emergency housing shelter for families. Every Thursday this Committee prepares a hot lunch for approximately 100 people. The Summer Lunch Program is funded by grants from the ELCA and Thrivent, as well as many individual donations.
In addition to the meals, the Committee donates school supplies and books to support the Schuyler Inn Motel's after school program. Families that have found more permanent housing are often given care packages to help them transition to their new home.
Good Shepherd welcomes the following donations:
- Individual packages of juice, puddings, fruit cups, applesauce, raisins, cheese sticks, granola bars, cheese crackers
- Small bags of chips, pretzels
- Non-perishable food items
- Cleaning supplies
- Gently used books for all ages
- School supplies
- Gift cards and monetary donations
If you would like to help with this very important ministry, please contact Danny Patrick or Carol Phelps by emailing or calling the church office, 518-458-1562.